Owner: Daryle Brown
INTENDED OUTCOMES Familiarize students with the plethora of support services available at Western and to increase comfort with utilizing these support services. At the end of the semester the student will...
- be able to identify at least 3 support services and their locations offered by WestConn?
- have utilized at least 1 support service appropriate to his/her needs
- learn vicariously through classmates (through class presentations) of the vast multitude of support services offered at WestConn?
- recognize the use of support services as "helpful" and not stigmatizing
Should count for a minimum of 5% of the students' final grade. May be incorporated with other FYE elements.
Students may be asked to research support services available at WestConn? through use of the internet, actually visiting the support service and retrieving literature about it, etc. Support services can be anything that the faculty feels would be appropriate; e.g. there is a list of Student Clubs and Organizations on the WestConn? website that could be utilized as support services. This list includes advisors, religious organizations, clubs, fraternity/sororities, etc. as support services.
- Students would then self-select at least 1 (preferably more than 1) support service that they feel they would find helpful and would utilize during their years at WestConn?.
- Students could write a one-page paper as to where the support service is and why they would utilize it.
- Students could present in class (5 minutes) their findings.
- Faculty could invite individuals from various support services to come to class to inform students of where they are and what they have to offer.
- Class presentation could be a percentage of the overall grade
- Paper would be graded for both content and grammar, etc. and be a percentage of the grade